Wednesday, October 12, 2016

What are we DOING here?

I am waiting for a return phone call. And debating how soon is too soon to just call again.

I am reading Lindy West's Shrill. Well, in the sense that I have read some of it and I intend to read some more of it soon. I'm not actually reading it right now. The day I figure out how to read and write at the same time, man, watch out. I will be unstoppable. (You guys. Shrill is so good. Go find a copy and put your eyeballs in it.)

I am wondering if licking the refrigerator might hurt the dog (golden retriever, four and a half months), and if so, how much? Because while she's licking the fridge, she's not attacking my toes or asking to go out AGAIN or stalking the cat or climbing a bookcase (true story). This is the third time there has been a four-and-a-half-month-old dog in my life. I had forgotten the part about needing CONSTANT ATTENTION when they're not asleep. So. Licking the refrigerator. Probably fine. Right?

I am weighing my options for dinner. I'm probably going out in a bit. I could go to the store, get some pork chops, some applesauce, maybe a veg. Cook. I could do that. Or I could order pizza. I should make the pork chops. But. Cheese. Cheese is a miracle; melty cheese incandescently so. Cheese always wins.

I am regretting the decision to lounge in bed with a catalogue this morning so that I didn't have time to get a shower before the dog woke up. (It featured artificial Christmas trees that fold up into position like some Victorian lady's upside-down hoop skirts. What is this strange magic and is it a threat to the children?) So I'm still unwashed. It's 12:42 in the p.m., and I haven't bathed today. Livin' the good life.

I am trying to remember my password to the NBA app so I can make it tell me when the basketball starts. I have spent approximately 3,412 times more temporal units on this exercise than it would have taken me to Google "NBA Fall 2016 Schedule." But now it's personal.

I am starting a blog. Again. I am determined to stick with it. I will be erudite and poignant and on point. I am going to post book reviews and pop culture nonsense and maybe some junk about politics and stuff. I'm going to be eloquent as shit.

I am.






4 comments:

  1. You always make me smile. Dogs are worth all the hassle. Hugs.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy! Oh, yeah, she's worth the hassle. She's asleep now and she couldn't be more adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I hope to really get back into in the new year!

    ReplyDelete