Friday, December 8, 2017

Gratitude and Joy: My Physical Therapist and Snow

Gratitude and Joy: Day 8

I am grateful for:

My Physical Therapist
I've suffered headaches all my life. I have migraines, and I also get tension headaches. Six months ago or so my doctor suggested seeing a physical therapist to sort out the neck muscles that get cranky and give me those tension headaches (which, not a word of lie, you guys, are often worse than my migraines). And my physical therapist is amazing. The headaches have improved and my shoulders mostly hang out where they are supposed to now, rather than up around my ears. This was like a revelation. The first time I got in the pool to do some laps after I'd been working with her for a bit, I was like, "Oh. Oh! This is how shoulders are supposed to move." I'm so grateful that she is so good at what she does and that I have been able to see her. And, I'll just say, if you hang out at a desk for 10+ hours a day 5+ days a week, make sure you're taking care of your supporting muscles. Because if you don't, they'll eat you, you know.

I feel joyful around:

Snow
So, I don't like having to drive in it or shift it about so that I can drive in it, but beyond that, I love the stuff. Nothing is quite as magical as snow softly falling from the sky and turning everything crisp and white and sparkly. Seriously, it me.

3 comments:

  1. Your editor here..."is me" maybe? "It's me"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely miss snow here in California! Once we had hail but it’s not the same... (slight understatement there)

    ReplyDelete