Sunday, December 17, 2017

Gratitude and Joy: Online Acquaintances and Green Ink

Gratitude and Joy: Day 17

I am grateful for:

Online Acquaintances Who Have Their Shit Together
Like so many of us, I have far more online "friends" than I do friends I ever actually see face to face. Most of the people I know only online (or now only know online) are just sort of there. But a handful of them are literally giving me life right now. These are regular women (they're all women), not celebrities or people otherwise in the public eye, who seem to be living their best lives--not just presenting the best versions of their lives to the world of social media, but actually living their best lives. The love these women have for their children and for their spouses, their dedication to helping make the world a better place through raising their kids right and putting their bodies where their values are for volunteer work, and their honesty and vulnerability in sharing when things go wrong as well as when they go right shine through each and every day. These are women I only "know"--we don't get together for lunch, we can't help each other out by running errands for one another when the going gets tough, we don't do any of the things "traditional" friends or even acquaintances do by dint of being in physical proximity to one another, but these women enrich my life immeasurably just by being their kind, awesome selves, and I'm so grateful that I get to glimpse them through my computer screen.  


I feel joy using:

Green Ink
I don't remember now when I first started using green ink for everything I thought I could get away with not using blue or black for. (I still sign checks in blue. *sigh*) But I love my green ink. It's just such a happy and somehow still sort of dignified ink color. I still write a lot by hand (lists!), and it brings me joy to do that in a color I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment