Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Gratitude and Joy: Our Post Office and A Christmas Carol

Gratitude and Joy: Day 20

I am grateful for:

Our Post Office
My gratitude is not for the post office, itself, as a thing that exists (although if you think about it, it's pretty cool, actually) but rather for the local branch of the post office where I go if I need to mail a package. It is laid out well and the staff is generally efficient and friendly. Especially at this time of year, when going to the post office can be a nightmare that seems like it will never end, I am especially grateful that ours seems to be so well run.

I feel joy reading:

A Christmas Carol
I've been rereading Dickens's A Christmas Carol every year for about twenty years. I love the redemption story, but just as much as that I get lost in Dickens's language and his brilliant descriptions. Reading this novella is the thing that most makes it feel like Christmas to me and it is the last tradition surrounding the holiday I would give up if time or other constraints forced me to lessen my holiday activities in any year. My annual reread starts tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment