Saturday, December 16, 2017

Gratitude and Joy: Dog Helpers and Really Good Television

Gratitude and Joy: Day 16

I am grateful for:

Excellent Dog Services
We've had our golden retriever for just shy of a year and a half. It's been an adventure, trying to get her  trained to be a well-mannered dog and to help her be the healthiest she can be physically and emotionally. Along the way we've encountered truly excellent vets, dog trainers, and day care facilities. I think we are truly blessed to live somewhere with so many choices for dog things and to have access to such good ones. The day care facility we take Thursday to is especially wonderful. She loves playing with other dogs, and we are not in a position to get her a friend right now, so it is fabulous that we have a place we can take her near home where they love her like we do and where she can play most of the day. She's a happier dog because she gets to go there (and I'm a more productive human, because I can actually get stuff done at home while she's away), and our cat is a happier cat (she has *not* warmed to the dog) with a few hours of dog-free house in her day. As Thursday grows up, I imagine we'll scale back how often she goes to "school" (it's expensive, and it's nice to have the dog around during the day, of course), but for now, I'm so grateful that I found such a great place for her to socialize, exercise, and get tired.

I feel joy watching:

Good Television
I love watching really excellent television, especially on demand. Growing up I had my weekly TV shows I Did Not Miss, but once the shows I was watching at the end of high school finished up, I pretty much stopped watching regular TV. Sports, sure. The news sometimes. But as an adult I haven't been much of a regular TV watcher. Even the stuff I DVR often sits there for year before I get around to it. What I do do, is watch a lot of TV shows on streaming services. I like to get really wrapped up in a show and watch multiple seasons over the course of a couple of months rather than several years. And it seems like there is so much good TV out there these days, both from the cable networks and from the streaming services. I love a good story told through TV or film almost as much as I love a good book, and it seems like what's on offer just gets better and better. The shows making me happy most recently are The Crown, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Father Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment