Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Gratitude and Joy: A Friend Teaching Me Crochet and the End of It's a Wonderful Life

Gratitude and Joy: Day 19

I am grateful that:

One of my friends taught me to crochet in middle school
A good friend of mine taught me a basic crochet stitch in middle school. I think someone had just taught her and she was just showing me because kids show each other things they've learned. I don't know how interested I was in it then, but I must have fooled around with some yarn after that because that stitch stuck with me. Years later when I did want to do some actual crocheting, I still remembered how to do that simple stitch, and having that knowledge made it so much easier to learn how to do other things and put together whole projects. Crocheting is one of my favorite hobbies now, one of my go-to things to do when I need some down time or feel the urge to do something with my hands, and I often think of her when I sit down to work on something.  

I feel joy watching:

The End of It's a Wonderful Life
I mean, Jimmy Stewart and all his friends singing together around the Christmas tree? How can you not smile? 



No comments:

Post a Comment