Monday, December 11, 2017

Gratitude and Joy: Luthien and a Friendly Stranger

Gratitude and Joy: Day 11

I am grateful for:

Luthien
Luthien is the cat I adopted within weeks of moving into the first apartment I would live in alone. This was twelve years ago now. She was an adult cat then (though young), so now she's a cranky old bat. She's honestly harder to love than she used to be, what with all the medication she needs and the constant vocalizing, but love her I still do. I'm going to be crushed when she goes, so I try to remind myself as often as I can, while she's still with us, how much joy she has brought into my life (and still does, along with the frustrations) and how instrumental she was in my getting through grad school sane (ish).

I felt joy when:

A Stranger Was Friendly
Our neighborhood sees a fair amount of people going for family walks or walking their dogs. One lady comes here specially to walk because it is a quiet area and very pretty. I've seen her walking of an afternoon, usually on Sunday. We've exchanged greetings a few times, and one day--four or more months ago now--I was out with the dog and we stopped and chatted. She loved on the dog, and we spend a few nice minutes together. I hadn't seen her since, until yesterday. We didn't stop to chat this time, but we enthusiastically said hello to each other and she greeted my dog (who she's met once, remember) by name. How nice that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment