Monday, December 25, 2017

Gratitude and Joy: Family and Friends and Christmas

Gratitude and Joy: Day 25

I am grateful for:

Friends and Family
I'm certainly not unique in having moved far away from my family or in finding it harder to make friends in my thirties than it was at any other time of my life. I've always been blessed with great friends and wonderful family, but being away from so many of the people I care for the most puts that in sharp relief. I'm grateful for every one of my friends, my family, and the husbeast. The older I get the more I think that making connections with other humans is the point of life. 


I feel joyful in the presence of:

Christmas
While I don't necessarily feel the religious joy of Christmas that devout Christians do, there is something about this time that does touch me, that does fill me with joy. Maybe it's a learned response, maybe it's some kind of collective memory of light festivals around the winter solstice, maybe it really is the good news. Whatever the reason, of Christmas "I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!"*


*A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens, Stave I

1 comment: