Friday, December 22, 2017

Gratitude and Joy: Recycling Services and Once in Royal David's City

Gratitude and Joy: Day 22

I am grateful for:

Recycling Services
When we first moved here, our apartment didn't have recycling service. None. And as we had no good way to store recyclables until we could make a run to the municipal recycling center, we just didn't recycle at home. This drove me nuts. We have recycling pick-up just like trash pick-up now, and it gives me a little ping of satisfaction every time I drop a milk jug or a newspaper (or cardboard box!) in the bin. And I'm grateful I get to participate in our city's recycling efforts without having to haul stuff out to the center. It's nice that it's easy.


I feel joy listening to:

"Once in Royal David's City"
We sang "Once in Royal David's City" as our processional for our holiday concert every year when I was in chorus in high school. It's been one of my favorites ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment